City Centre Care Society and its predecessor Central City Mission Society have provided care to the marginalized of Vancouver since 1907. City Centre Care Society was incorporated in 1997 to amalgamate Central City Lodge and Cooper Place. The Lodge started operations in 1910 as Central City Mission. Cooper Place, initially operated by the Wilberforce Cooper Care Society, opened its doors in 1983 as an intermediate care facility.
City Centre Care Society provides services to 191 residents in three programs – 100 residents in Complex Care, 22 residents in the Addiction Recovery Program and 69 residents in Assisted Living. Cooper Place houses the Assisted Living Program while Central City Lodge, built in 1993, is home to both the Complex Care (including Special Care) and the Addiction Recovery Programs.